Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy | Nashville, TN
A pressurized environment allows a greater amount of gas (in this case oxygen) to be dissolved into a liquid (in this case plasma). This is known as Henry’s Law of Physics. For instance, when a carbonated beverage is canned at the factory, a great amount of pressure is applied so that more carbon dioxide can be dissolved into the beverage, which causes carbonation. When the beverage is opened, the pressure is released, and the amount of carbonation decreases over time resulting in a “flat” beverage.
It is this same law that applies to hyperbaric therapy. Greater amounts of oxygen are absorbed into the plasma, synovial fluid, and cerebral fluid when the body is pressurized using a hyperbaric chamber. In addition to a greater absorption, the oxygen is also allowed to reach areas in the body that are difficult to reach without the increased pressure.
In particular, hyperbaric oxygen therapy helps to:
- Stimulate the development of new blood vessels, thus improving circulation
- Stimulate the action of white blood cells, helping the body to fight off infection
- Narrows certain blood vessels, reducing inflammation and swelling
- Inhibits the growth of foreign bacteria and organisms
How does hyperbaric help in healing? Oxygen is forced into the tissues, organs, brain and fluids throughout the body through the pressurization of the hyperbaric chamber.
- Hyperbaric oxygen floods areas that are oxygen starved to stimulate cell growth and regeneration.
- Hyperbaric oxygen increases neural brain function due to oxygen saturation.
- Hyperbaric oxygen displaces toxins and other impurities to assist in detoxification of the body’s systems.
- Hyperbaric oxygen acts as an anti-viral and anti-bacterial. As bacteria and viruses typically cannot tolerate oxygen.
- Hyperbaric oxygen reduces tumor growth in cancer patients.
- Hyperbaric oxygen serves as an immune modulator, supporting the immune system to bring T and B cells within normal levels.
- Hyperbaric oxygen provides many other condition specific benefits.
Call Us Today for Help615-662-0000
It can be used as natural therapy to help the following conditions:
When your session starts and the pressure increases you may notice that your ears begin to pop a little, as they work to equalize the pressure in the chamber. After your session is completed, the chamber will be decompressed, and you will be allowed to go home.
HBOT sessions are $50.00, for 30 minutes, $100.00 for 1 hour, and $150.00 for 1.5 hours. Ask us about our multi-treatment discount.