If you are living with chronic or acute lower back pain, you likely have questions. Perhaps you are wondering what type of treatments can help resolve your pain, or whether non-invasive treatment modalities are effective.
Whatever your questions may be, at Bellevue Center for Wellness and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Nashville, TN, we are here to answer them.
Below, we have outlined a few of our most frequently asked questions about lower back pain to help you better understand the condition, as well as your treatment options.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Lower back pain can stem from a variety of health issues, including:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Injuries or weak abdominal muscles
- Muscle or connective tissue strain
- Bulging or herniated spinal discs
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis
Keep in mind the above list is not comprehensive. Because the lower back helps support the body during a variety of activities, it undergoes a great deal of stress daily. During your comprehensive evaluation, your practitioner will assess your condition to determine the root cause of your lower back pain.
Can Lower Back Pain Come From a Problem Elsewhere in the Body?
Yes. When you experience pain in your lower back that stems from an issue somewhere else in your body, this phenomenon is known as referred pain. Any musculoskeletal imbalance along your posterior chain can place undue stress on your lower back, which can generate persistent discomfort.
Can Non-Invasive Treatments Help With Lower Back Pain?
Absolutely! There are a wide variety of non-invasive treatments that can help reduce or even eliminate lower back pain with continued application. Examples of such treatments include:
- Cupping. This form of treatment helps increase blood flow to damaged tissues, thereby increasing oxygen and nutrients to the lower back area and promoting expedited healing.
- Graston Technique. This form of manual therapy employs instrument-assisted tissue mobilization to release painful adhesions and scar tissue that can restrict movement and cause pain.
- Massage. This treatment modality helps to relax overly tense soft tissues, increase blood circulation, and alleviate painful inflammation throughout the treatment area.
- Infrared therapy. Infrared heat not only relaxes tight, painful soft tissues, but it also increases blood circulation to damaged areas of the lower back. Increased nutrient and oxygen delivery to those tissues helps expedite healing and relieve pain.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy. This unique therapy encourages greater oxygen absorption in painful, damaged soft tissues. Increased oxygen absorption stimulates the growth of new blood vessels, increases the activity of white blood cells, promotes cell regeneration, encourages systemic detoxification, and stimulates a variety of other phenomena that promote expedited tissue healing.
Need Non-Invasive Lower Back Pain Treatment? Schedule an Appointment Today
If you are struggling with lower back pain and are interested in non-invasive treatment options, get in touch with our team at Bellevue Center for Wellness and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy today. We specialize in a wide variety of cutting-edge, conservative treatment modalities designed to relieve lower back pain and improve your overall health without surgery. To learn more about our services or schedule an appointment, call our Nashville, TN office today at (615) 662-0000 or connect with us online, and we’ll be in touch.